Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nige and I ...

... on the same page once again: Jane Says Every Mum Is Worth It.

Last week, while sitting in my eye doctor's waiting room, I had the opportunity to peruse a couple of copies of People magazine. You would think that, having worked in the features department of a major metropolitan daily for the last quarter-century, I would be thrice familiar with both the magazine and its featured players - but I had better things to do, mostly. True, I occasionally had to compile the gossip column and have some idea who the most notable celebrities of the day are. But looking at People's pages last week I was simply struck by how phony those in the photos looked. I kept thinking that our forebears were probably right to consign actors - along with tumblers and buffoons - to the status of servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment