Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Counterpoint ...

... I'm rather sorry I weighed in on this matter, since this is not a poliblog and the discussion has less to do with the nature of discourse than with actual political tactics and issues. I will say that I am not a fan of Eric Foner, and my interest here has to do with the electoral process itself. Sometimes the vote doesn't go your way, and you have to live with that.
Anyway, here is another view of the matter from Robert Samuelson: Big Labor's Dilemma Also, it isn't just Republicans: Blue State Dems Turn on State, Local Workers.
And that is all I plan to say on this topic, if for no other reason than that I am not a resident of Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. It's difficult, when one reads a lot, to stay away from politics. I try, not always successfully, because I wish to remain focused on my priorities: reading well written books and writing. That, and the fact that I think about politicians the same way pigeons think about their statues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, Jim, we have similar thoughts.

    ReplyDelete